Your privacy is important to Fresenius Medical Care Asia Pacific Limited (“We”). The protection of your privacy in the processing of your Personal Data is an important concern to which we pay special attention during our business processes.
“Personal Data” is data that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect Personal Data in various ways, including through registrations, applications, surveys, contact forms, in connection with your inquiries, and automatically when you browse our Site.
We may request basic Personal Data when you use a Site. Personal Data that we may request could include name, preferred language, contact details (such as postal address, telephone numbers, email address), interests, information about specialty and affiliation for healthcare professionals.
We may combine the Personal Data you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on or offline. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from the following other sources such as publicly accessible databases, social media platforms and other third parties.
You will be informed what Personal Data is required and what Personal Data is optional. When you are asked to provide Personal Data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to for us to provide requested services, we may not be able to provide you those services.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Data as defined by applicable law (e.g. Social Security numbers, credit card number, passport number, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, health, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership, or biometric or genetic data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
Any individual under the age of 18 may use the Site only with the prior consent of his or her parent or legal guardian.
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Passive information collection (that is, collecting information without the visitor actively providing it) usually occurs while a visitor navigates the Site.
Cookies are a standard feature of websites that allow us to store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to our Site. Cookies help us learn which areas of the Site are useful and which areas need improvement.
A “cookie” is a bit of information that a Web site sends to your Web browser that helps the site remember information about you and your preferences.
“Session” cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve navigation, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (the site “remembers” previous entries of age or country of origin that were outside the specified parameters and blocks subsequent changes), and collect aggregate statistical information on the site. They are erased once you exit your Web browser or otherwise turn off your computer.
“Persistent” cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as passwords), helping to determine what areas of the Web site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the Web site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. Persistent cookies placed by this site on your computer may hold personally identifiable information, but only if you have registered or have otherwise consented to the retention of personally identifiable information you have provided at the site. Otherwise, our site’s server only knows that an unidentified visitor with your cookie has returned to the site.
We and our service providers may also automatically collect and use information in the following ways:
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Site through a mobile device. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
IP address: Your IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use partially masked IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the site. We may also derive your approximate location from your partially masked IP address (two-byte anonymization).
Device Information: We may collect information from the device (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country you are located in, and web browser type) you used during your visit.
|Strictly necessary cookies||These cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to move about the site or to provide certain features you have requested.|
|Functional cookies||These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personalized features.|
|These cookies collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual – and support the measurement of websites. This information helps improve websites by identifying any problems that visitors may encounter during their visit and by learning how they entered the site and which pages they visited.|
|Third-party cookies||These cookies are set by a website other than the one you are currently on. For example, some websites might have social media sharing buttons. When you use one of the share buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. Such cookies can only be disabled through the relevant third-party website. Some websites might display advertisements. Such cookies collect information about user’s browsing habits and enable advertisements to be targeted to them based on their interests.|
|Cookie Category||Cookie name||Cookie Type||Cookie used for||Cookie expires in||Cookie purpose||How to delete?|
|Necessary||pll_language||first party||Language||1 year||Display website in language of user’s Country||remove from browser|
|Necessary||Popup Cookie||first party||that they have picked a language||1 day||Display website in language of user’s Country||remove from browser|
|Analytics||_ga||third party||Google Analytics||2 years||To distinguish users||Can be removed from browser|
|Analytics||__utma||third party||Google Analytics||1 minute||To distinguish users and sessions and generates statistics about website’s traffic.||Only installed when you press play. Can be removed from browser|
|Analytics||__utmz||third party||Google Analytics||6 months||To store traffic source or campaign that explains how the user arrived on site.||Only installed when you press play. Can be removed from browser|
|Analytics||__utmb||third party||Google Analytics||30 minutes||To determine new sessions/visits, generates statistics about website’s traffic.||Only installed when you press play. Can be removed from browser|
|Analytics||vuid||first party||Vimeo||1 minute||To assign a Vimeo Analytics unique id.||Only installed when you press play. Can be removed from browser|
|Functionality||Player||first party||Vimeo||1 minute||Used to remember user’s player mode preferences.||Only installed when you press play. Can be removed from browser|
Except where allowed by applicable law, we place cookies after having received your consent through the cookie banner. You can change your cookie settings (except for strictly necessary cookies that are required for the proper functioning of the site) at any time.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to our use of your personal data at the point of information collection. We may also use information from or about you as necessary for our legitimate business interests. We may also rely on other legal bases. We use and disclose Personal Data you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection to:
- Provide Site functionality and fulfill your requests notably:
- To provide customer service to you.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests and complete your transactions.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to send messages to another person, such as a colleague, caregiver or friend or patient.
- Provide personalized services notably:
- To better understand you and personalize our interactions with you.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to identify aggregated trend reports on how our Sites are used.
- To analyze or predict your preferences in order to improve our interactions with you, i.e., to deliver you the content, products and offers (via our Site, emails or digital tools) that we believe will be relevant to your professional interests.
- Allow you to participate in special programs, activities, events, or promotions.
- Operate our business and notably:
- To conduct data analysis and audits.
- To identify usage trends in the use of our Sites and analyze the effectiveness of our communications.
- To detect, prevent, investigate fraud and including (cyber) security monitoring and prevention.
- To develop, enhance, improve or modify our products and services.
- To validate your ability to access or use certain products or services.
- To better understand how our products and services impact you and those for whom you care.
- To track and respond to concerns, including engaging in regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations related to adverse events, product complaints and patient safety.
- To operate and expand our business activities.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We also disclose information collected through the Site:
- To our third-party partners with whom we cooperate with which we collaborate regarding particular products or services;
- To our third-party service providers to provide services such as website / application hosting and moderating, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e mail and direct mail delivery services, auditing, and other services; and
- As permitted by applicable law, to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, we may use and disclose your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others;
- To comply with applicable law and our regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations (which may include laws outside your country of residence), to respond to requests from public and government authorities (which may include authorities outside your country of residence), to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons;
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
We may also use and disclose your information in other ways, after obtaining your consent to do so.
In addition, where allowed by applicable law, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is identifiable (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as Personal Data as long as it is combined.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, CHANGE, OR DELETE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you would like to review, correct, update, restrict, or delete your Personal Data, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), please contact us via [email protected]. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable and no later than one month after receipt. If circumstances cause any delay in our response, you will be promptly notified and provided a date for our response.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFER
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Site or by providing consent to us (where required by law), your Personal Data may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
We will take appropriate measures to protect Personal Data that are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations, including requiring service providers to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Data.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and of applicable legal requirements. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Site to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
DOWNLOADS & MEDIA FILES
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on the Site are provided at your own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available, you are advised to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise you to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
Fresenius Medical Care Asia Pacific Limited
51/F Sun Hung Kai Centre
30 Harbour Road
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel.:+852 2583 0888
Fax:+852 2583 0200
Email: [email protected]